Sabudana Khatti Meethi Namkeen recipe is a delicious crunchy snack made with tapioca pearls(sago) which can be eaten during fasting and midnight munching too.
- 1/2 cup Soaked Sabudana (overnight) (Tapioca Pearls)
- 1 cup Roasted Peanuts,
- 15-20 Almonds
- Cooking oil , to fry
- 1 teaspoon Rock Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar , powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Pepper
1. In a pan heat some oil. Drop one pearl of sabudana in hot oil to test if it is heated optimally. If it rises instantly to the surface, the oil is ready to fry. Add sabudana to oil and let the sabudana fry and puff up for a couple of minutes without changing its colour. Remove sabudana on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb extra oil. Similarly,fry the peanut but not over-fry.
2. Roast almonds and mix it with sabudana and peanuts.
3.Transfer it in a bowl, now add rock salt, powdered sugar and crushed black pepper.
4. Let it cool.Transfer it into air tight container.
Sabudana Khatti Meethi Namkeen can be relished along with tea,coffee or hot almond milk.