Dahi Bhindi/Okra/Lady Finger with Yogurt Curry
Preparation Time- 10 minutes, Cooking Time- 20 minutes, Servings- 2
- 20 medium size okra (bhindi)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tsp (hing)
- 1 Tbsp besan (gram flour)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup yogurt (dahi, curd)
- 1 cup water (approximately)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash and pat dry the okra and cut both ends, and cut them in about 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat and stir fry the okra till they are soft for around 5 minutes.
- Remove it in a bowl and use the same pan for further process.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium heat.As soon as the oil is hot,add cumin seeds,mustard seeds and hing.As it starts to splutter turn the flame to low.
- Add the besan and stir fry for about 1 minute until it has light aroma, and is golden brown in color as it will give the thickness to the gravy.
- Add yogurt, turmeric, chili powder and coriander powder. Mix it well. And cook until the spice mix come together. Stir it for 3 minutes.
- Add water and salt,let it simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
- This can be best relished with jeera rice,fulka roti,chapati or paratha (Indian flat breads).