Mohanthal is a traditional Indian dessert prepared in many auspicious occasions especially during Diwali. It is popular in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Thought of making it on auspicious day of Dusherra or VijayDashmi.
Let’s get started
Preparation Time- 10 minutes,Cooking Time-30 minutes,Servings-2.
1 cup gram flour(besan),
1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter),
3 tablespoon milk,
2 tablespoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder),
For Sugar Syrup-
1/2 cup sugar,
1/2 cup water
dryfruits of your choice (I have used almonds and kaju)
- Take a large bowl take besan and crumble with ghee and milk.
- Sieve the crumbled besan with the help of sieve.
- Heat ghee in a large bottom pan or kadhai. Add the crumbled besan.
- Mix well and let it cook well on medium flame till it comes to golden brown.
- In the meantime, lets prepare sugar syrup in another pan by adding sugar and water.
- Transfer the sugar syrup into the besan mixture,till it combines well with besan by stirring it continously.
- Stir it nonstop for 5 minutes till the mixture thickens.
- Let the ghee absorbs and turns sticky.
- Transfer it into ghee greased tray, garnish it with dryfruits and let it cool for good 2-3 hours.
- Cut it into desired shapes.
- Serve immediately. It can be stored for a week in refrigerator.