Bharwa Lauki with Kadhi is the newly added recipe in my collection, tried and tested and instantly approved by my husband with two thumbs-up. It can be relished during fasting and as a breakfast or evening snacks.
Let’s get started
Preparation Time- 10 minutes,Cooking Time- 20-30 minutes, Servings- 2.
Lauki (Bottle Gourd) – 1 Medium,
Curd- 1 cup,
Amarnath(Rajgira) Flour-2 tbsp,
Boiled potatoes-2 tbsp,
Green chillies chopped-3,
Powdered Black pepper – 1 tsp,
Rock Salt-1 tbsp,
Groundnut Oil -to fry.
- Peel lauki,cut into roundels,and remove seeds from the centre to make hollow.
- In a bowl, add mashed potatoes,green chiilies and black pepper mix well,mashing lightly.
- Stuff the roundel centres with mashed potatoes batter.
- Heat a oil in a non stick pan, add cloves and cardamom for saute.Place bottle gourd(lauki) on the pan and cook till golden brown. Cover it with lid so that’s it is cooked at the earliest.
- Uncover and flip it the other side.
- To prepare kadhi, add curd,amarnath flour,salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water, and whisk well to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the curd batter in another non stick pan,cook it, stirring continuously till the mixture thickens.
- Put some of the kadhi in a serving plate,arrange stuffed bottle gourd roundels over it and serve it immediately.Serve the remaining kadhi as required.
I am sure when you make this everybody is gonna love it. Hope you try this soon and don’t forget to share your feedback with us.