Phirni a delicious Punjabi style milk and rice based creamy traditional dessert. It is one of the most popular dish in North India and relished especially during festivals. .And what can be better than auspicious festival of Baisakhi.🤗
Preparation Time-20 mins, Cooking Time- 35 mins,Servings- 2
1/4 cup Basmati Rice,
1 litre Milk , full fat
1/4 cup Sugar ,
Mixed nuts , pistachio and almonds for garnishing,few cardamoms.
- Soak the rice in water for half an hour.
- Drain water and pulse in a grinder till you get a grainy consistency. The grains should feel gritty between your fingers and should be slightly bigger than sooji (semolina).
- Bring the milk to boil in a large sauce pan, add the rice and saffron while stirring continuously. Turn the heat to low and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- After 20 minutes the mixture start to thicken.Let it simmer for next 15 minutes till it thickens and rice is completely cooked.
- Add sugar and mix it until dissolved . Turn off the gas, let it cool.
- Once cooled, transfer it to mixer and churn it for just 5 seconds.
- Garnish it with pistachios and almonds.
- Refrigerate it for 3 hours and serve chill.