Yes Ganesh Chaturthi is here!! The festival of Lord Ganesha which is celebrated throughout India with fun and frolic!🎊
To celebrate this auspicious period of 10 days, I decided to make Modak Poli! Yes you heard it right! Modak Poli is a dish with a twist of Modak filling inside Poli dough!!
So let me share the recipe with you all guys!! Make your Ganesh Chaturthi special with Modak Poli!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes,
Cooking Time : 20 minutes,
Coconut Powder – 1 cup,
Crushed Dry Fruits- 1/2 cup
Elaichi Powder – 2 tbsp
Maida – 1 cup,
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Lukewarm Water- According to texture( softness of the dough)
Ghee- To roast
- Firstly, we will prepare the filling for that we will take coconut powder, jaggery and crushed dry fruits and mix well.
- Heat the pan, add ghee and roast the mixture well until brown.
- Now when it’s has been stirred well until brown turn off the flame and let it cool.
For Dough –
- In a bowl, add maida, rice flour and knead it with lukewarm water until soft.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth for 30 minutes.
- Now make balls from the dough and fill it with filling.
- Roll it with hands without the help of rolling pin.
- Roast it on the pan with ghee until brown on both sides.
Your Modak Poli is ready!! Relish it with your family and friends.
Do let me know how you made it.😊
Ganpati Bappa Maurya!!🙏🏻🎊