Red Chilli Pepper Jam.
A beautiful blend of flavours! It’s sweet,little tangy and spicy.No preservatives or artificial colors. It can be spread on toast,mix it with hung curd to make a beautiful dip or as salad dressing. In short, a versatile condiment.
Preparation Time- 15 minutes, Cooking Time- 2 hours 15 minutes, Servings- 2 jars.
250 gms red hot chilli pepper halved and de-seeded (without seeds,mirche ke achar wali badi mirchi),
500 gms red and yellow bell peppers,halved and de-seeded,
2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar,
2 cups Sugar.
- In a deep pan, combine the chili peppers, red bell peppers, and apple cider vinegar. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened.
- In a strainer, drain the pepper mixture and with the back of a wooden spoon (if not wooden spoon you can use spatula also), press on the peppers to extract any excess liquid.
- Transfer the peppers into a blender/mixer and make a puree.
- Press the puree through a sieve to remove the pepper skin and discard it.
- In another pan on a medium heat, add the pepper puree and add the sugar a little at a time and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue to cook the mixture for next 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat when the mixture resembles a jam texture. Allow to cool and transfer into jars.