Tired of having roasted Makhana/Foxnut on fasting days?? I wanted to have something sweet to satisfy my taste buds so thought of making Makhana kheer/ foxnuts pudding and here I am sharing recipe with you all .
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 30 minutes
Ghee-2 tablespoons ,
Sugar- 5 tablespoons ,
Cardamom powder(elaichi)- 1/4 tsp,
Crushed almonds – 5-6 pieces,
Raisins(kishmish)- 8-10 pcs,
Makhana/Lotus Seeds/Foxnuts -1 cup roasted and crushed,
Mace powder-(Javitri) – 1 pinch
1. Place a fry pan on low heat. Add ghee in it.
2. Now add the chopped makhane to the pan, sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove the makhane and keep them aside. Crush the fried makhanas with a rolling pin.
3.Now, take a deep bottom pan add milk and give it a boil.
4. Then, add cardamom powder, mace powder, nutmeg powder, roasted and crushed Makhane, almond and raisins. Give it a stir.
5. Reduce heat and cook on low flame for another 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly till the milk attains a thicker consistency or reduces to ¾.
6. During this period, keep on stirring every 2 minutes so that it does not stick to the sides, bottom and burn.
7. Add sugar as per your taste. Stir continuously.
8. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
9. Garnish it with pistachios.
10. Serve hot and enjoy.