Diwali Recipes 2018
Gulkand Dry Fruit Burfi.
Perfect for festivals as well as works for energy booster. Super healthy, loaded with loads of dryfruits which are rich in proteins.
Preparation Time- 20 minutes, Cooking Time- 50 mins, Total Time- 70 mins
1 1/2 cup chopped dried fig (anjeer),
1 cup dates (khajoor),
1/3 cup almonds (badam),
1/3 cup kaju,(cashew nuts)
1/3 cup walnuts,(akhroot)
1/3 cup raisins (kishmish),
2 tablespoon gulkand,
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder,
1/2 cup black raisins(Munakka),
1 tablespoon ghee.
- Let’s’ begin by soaking anjeer/fig for 15 minutes,strain water and pat dry well.
- Grind anjeer,dates, black raisins and kishmish in a jar by making a smooth paste.
- Finely chop almonds,cashewnuts,walnut and pista.
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan and the paste of anjeer,dates and kishmish and saute it for a while.
- Add gulkand
- Add gulkand and cook for couple of minutes till you notice that mixture separates from the pan. Turn off the pan.
- Grease the tray with ghee and pour the mixture into the tray.Level it with spatula and allow mixture to cool completely and set into firm burfi.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Cut it into desired shapes.
Relish it with your family and friends.