Fried Modak with Lauki (Bottle Gourd) Stuffing.
Fried Modak– its deep fried or shallow fried modak recipe with chewy coconut stuffing which will melt in your mouth,covered with crispy covering. I made these mouth-watering for prasad on Day 2.
Let’s get started with recipe.
Preparation Time- 20 minutes, Cooking Time-45 minutes,Servings-3
- 1/2 cup and 1 and 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ghee.
- 3/4 cup and 2 and 1/2 tablespoon bottle gourd
- 1 cup grated coconut.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1/2 cup jaggery (gud).
- 1/4 tablespoon almonds.
- 1/4 tablespoon raisins.
- Cardamom powder-as required.
For Frying – oil.
- For filling, first grate bottle gourd (lauki) in a bowl.In a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame add grated bottle gourd in it. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the moisture of the bottle gourd has gone.
- In another pan add milk,jaggery,coconut,almonds ,raisins and cardamom powder and mix well. Let it cook for a good 15 minutes on low flame and stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Now add the cooked bottle gourd in the mixture and mix well.Cook for another 10 minutes and turn the gas off,keep the mixture aside.
- Let’s prepare the dough now.Knead APF,ghee,salt and add water according to the softness of the dough.Cover the dough with muslin cloth for about 15 minutes.
- To prepare the modak. Divide the dough into equal portions.Take one portion and flatten it into a small circle.Carefully, add the prepared filling in the circle.
- Enclose the circle and secure its edges. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough.
- Heat deep bottom pan on medium flame and add oil in it. Deep fry it until golden brown.
- Transfer it into serving tray.
Ganpati Bappa Maurya!🎊